DC Scout: Golden Fashion; New Anthropologie

DC Scout
BEAUTY BUZZ
Benefit
Primer time

If your current beauty routine had its own game show, it'd be "The Weakest Blink" – namely because not more than 15 minutes after carefully applying our eyeshadow and concealer, it's absorbed into our skin and completely invisible. Benefit's new Stay Don't Stray primer ($24) is designed to combat such makeup melt – simply dab a few drops around the eye to keep cosmetics in place. The end result is a 5 o'clock shadow – but we mean that in a good way.
Express
» Read More


What's on sale right now? Add DC Scout on Twitter to see up-to-the-minute deals!

Globes
FASHION
Spring fever

This Sunday evening (Jan. 17), keep your eye on what the stars are wearing on the red carpet at the 2010 Golden Globes. It's a good prognosticator of fashions for this spring.
DC Scout

 
Talk Fashion
FASHION RX
Consignment calls

Downtown DC: I'm really hoping you can help me because my job (somewhat) depends on it! I love the weekly chats, they certainly break up my Tuesday quite nicely. My boss has asked me to consign some of her un-used handbags (Cole Haan, Furla, etc). I know you've spoken about consignment shops previously, but can you give me a few that often take accessories and that are easily Metro accessible (as I will be going during the work day with no car). I really appreciate the help! Style on, ladies!

Holly Thomas: I'd make some calls to Secondi in Dupont Circle and Second Time Around in Georgetown to see if they have any interest in the bags. Clarendon's Current Boutique and Old Town's Mint Condition are a bit further afield, but they're also worth a shot.
Fashion & Beauty
» Read More

AROUND TOWN
Anthropologie
New digs

Today (Jan. 14), French boho style purveyor Anthropologie is scheduled to open a new branch in the Shops at Wisconsin Place, 5406 Wisconsin Ave. One nitpick with the chain's web site – why are they selling all those ridiculous aprons?
DC Scout

l
l
l
l
© 2009 Washington Post Media
c/o E-mail Customer Care 1515 N. Courthouse Road, Arlington, VA 22201

0 التعليقات:

 

©2009 Misc | by TNB